A week in San Francisco II

 

EN

Another full day in San Fran with lots of walks, braving the hills and eating our belly well with local foods.

 
NL

Alweer een volle dag in San Fran met wandelingen, de heuvels beklimmen en onze buikjes vol eten met lokale lekkers. 
❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!

The Painted Ladies
There are many pretty buildings and houses in San Fran that me and my cousin S. have encountered with. Some are so colourfull! One of the buildings that my cousin S. wanted to see were these houses lined up together on a hill called The Painted Ladies at Alamo Square. That is because of the comedy tv series Full House where the Painted Ladies are seen on the show's intro. It was a loveling thing to see in real life, but I also wonder how the people who are living in these houses feel with all the tourist standing outside making photo`s.
Saucy Asian
Quenching our thirst first at Saucy Asian. What a funny name!
I don`t know why we didn`t grab a snack here, because the menu sounds great! Anyway, I had refreshing watermelon juice in a ziplock bag a.k.a hipster style and S. got himself strawberry milk.
Dolores Park
Before going to San Fran, I did a little research for sightseeing hotspots. I`ve bookmarked Dolores Park on my Google Maps because apparently, the view here is amazing.
And the view is amazing!
Lombard Street 〰
Ah, Lombard Street, one of the most crooked (8 curves) steeply streets in SF. And probably also one of the top-3 landmarks within San Francisco I think. It was mega crowded!
One way

Again, do you want to live next to an attraction that is at your front door?
Mels Drive In
One of the food that I really want to try out is: American food, ha! To be specific diner food because I haven`t really had diner food before. And what better place to try out diner food is America am I right? For this I`ve done some research and Google brought me to Mels Drive In restaurant. Mels Drive In openend up his first drive-in restaurant in San Fran in 1947 which is pretty cool! I`m dining at an OG place literaly.
Love the interior!
A working jukebox at our table with classics init like The Beetles, Elvis Presley and many more!
We've ordered
- spaghetti & meatballs
- veggie bean burger
- onion rings
- ice tea
- thick oldfashioned strawberry milkshake
- hot apple pie
As we were flipping through the menu, I was hoping I could get a nice vegetarian meal in this typical American diner place apart from the fries. And surprisingly Mels Drive-In has plenty of veggie options such as a wide range of salads, vegetarian burgers, sandwiches, and sides like (sweet) potato fries! They even got the vegan chocolate chip on the menu. What`s also interesting is that Mels Drive-In has food and drinks that wouldn`t misfit in a modern café like healthy smoothie bowls, quinoa salad, and ginger shots. It seems Mels Drive-In is coming along with the (modern) time and customers' taste but also maintaining the old-fashioned American diner food. I love it.
I remember how fresh and crispy and especially hot these onion rings were. Delicious!
Golden Gate Brige Soon
After the wonderful American dinner, me and S. went for a stroll. We`ve decided to explore The Palace of Fine Art area which was one Roman architectural sightseeing. Very pretty! Then we walked up to the Crissy Field beach and spot the Golden Gate Bridge from afar. We will be walking this one soon! Hopefully on a sunny day.
link: A week in San Francisco part I

❤ 

Comments

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls