Flying with Norwegian Air

EN

When was the last time you saw proper airplane tracks in the sky? Here`s a throwback to where my Summer 2019 has started: on board of Dreamliner-787.

For my USA trip last year I've traveled by Norwegian Air. Why I've chosen this airline is basically the budget: it is cheap. 

According to Forbes Norwegian also received several international customer awards in 2017, including two SkyTrax Awards: 'Europe's best low-cost carrier' for the fifth consecutive year and the 'World's best low-cost long-haul airline' for the third year in a row. With these prominent awards, I would like to think safety is at best.

My cousin Sun and I board at Amsterdam Schiphol and on our way to Premium seats 787 Dreamliner. Let's take a look!
NL

Wanneer had jij voor het laatst vliegtuig-strepen vol in de lucht gezien?
Hier een terugblik naar de zomer 2019 aan boord van de Dreamliner-787.

Voor mijn trip naar Amerika, nam ik onder andere de Norwegian Air. Waarom? De prijs, want deze airline was namelijk goedkoop.

Volgens Forbes, een business magazine, heeft Norwegian loffelijke prijzen gewonnen zoals twee SkyTrax-award voor 'Europees beste low-cost carrier' en dit voor de 5e keer op rij en 's Werelds beste low-cost long haul airline' 3 keer op een rij. De garantie van veiligheid zit wel snor met deze prijzen lijk mij! 

Mijn neef Sun en ik gingen aan boord in Schiphol en op weg naar onze Premium plaatsen in de 787 Dreamliner. Laten we een kijkje nemen! 
❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!

At first I don`t mind Economy seats but we booked Premium seats which are grander Economy seats in my opinion. When I book a flight all I care is that I get from point A to B safely. Economy or not. And I wouldn`t mind to fly Economy to USA again but my cousin S. persuaded me to get an update for more comfort reason. First, I let out a sigh of `do we need to?` but at the end I am glad we booked Premium.
The extra legspace was pure lux and all worth it.
Schiphol Airport
Ah, the inevitable pocket money in Red Pockets from your papa and auntie.
On the left my snack (survival) bag and on the right my backpack with all my essential life content inside like camera, crochet tools + yarn, USB charger, a journal.
I`m happily chaperoning my cousin S. I`m also happy he was willing to join me too in the first place! That way I would not be so lonely in the big USA and I`d still have someone whom I can speak Dutch with. And plus he`s perfect for taking over the camera and shoot photo`s of me ha.
bando bando bando bando
The cutest and most pratical travel clutch from Bando.
38,000 feet (11,600 m) later... ☁
Where the food, in-flight entertainment and cloud gazing begins.
Yikes but not entirely surprised with these prices but that`s why I brought my own snack bag.

Vegan
My favourite flight moment is the food arrival of course and with Norwegian Air I`ve requested a vegan meal.

Shout out to that green asparagus. I don`t really exactly remember what kind of meal I`ve got but look how vibrant colours the grilled veggie has! Yum.
I can`t remember any dislike of my boxed meal so I`ve must enjoyed my meal.
Gnocchi smothered in red sauce. It was soggy but the add-on of pepper made the dish better!

Since I`ve got the vegan box I received a proper vegan dessert too! It was delicious but secretly I was quite envious of my cousin`s chocolate dessert.
★★★★.5
This flight was probably one of my favourite and most relaxing flight I had ever in my entire life. The facility on board were quite basic and minimum for a Premium, for example there is no amenity kit and they don`t offer hot cacao (what!). But again it is a low-budget airline and the included offers like the enormous legspace (my#1!), free drinks (even some alcoholi beverages), a free set (cheap) airphones, clean looking aircraft and the good service makes this Premium Economy a good price and quality-offer ratio.

Recently I`ve read about the crisis and troubles within Norwegian Air and being near the brink of going under. All I can do is to hope this company will survive. I really do so fingers crossed.

My other professional (ahum) airline reviews:
Flying with Turkish Airline
Flying with Lufthansa
Flying with Lufthansa II Mini-review Swiss Air

Comments

  1. Oh my word I love this!!! Professional airline reviews by Mei, in times when no-one knows if the airline-industry will ever be what it was again. Eerlijk, een premium-economy voor een long-haul flight is wel echt slim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louiseee! Haha thank you very much, super lief van je :P Ja! A premium-economy is pretty nice for a long-haul flight. Especially the legspace <3 Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls