Sleepless in New York II

EN

I`m born and raised in a small country village in the kikker-country The Netherlands but I feel at ease as soon I`ve arrived New York City last year. Maybe because the country girl that I am was secretly a city girl her entire life but the truth is I enjoy the aliveness of both kinds of worlds. 
NL

Ik ben geboren en getogen op een plattelandse dorp in Nederland maar voelde me gauw op mijn gemak toen ik in New York arriveerde vorig jaar. Misschien schuilde er in mij diep een stadsmeisje in plaats van een dorpsmeisje. Eerlijk gezegd geniet ik van zowel plattelands als stads. 

❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!



Here I`m at the very IG-able place: DUMBO which stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass.
I`ve brought the Dutch cycling (sorta) to the Big Apple with the rental bikes. That was a tough ride through NY with the inclines and lack of bike lanes unlike Holland.
Luckily I`ve had coffee (that advert sleeve!) and a hearty breakfast (thank you auntie) before I jumped on the bike.
Brooklyn Bridge
“cuz, please stand here for taking pic, meow
Half way through the bridge we did a pitstop where I`ve tried fresh mango with chilli flakes for the first time. Unexpectably loving combo! Also my cousins and I got ice cones to cool down. Not in the picture: bought souvenir magnets.
This carousel reminded me of music box.
Times Sq-42 St
Awesome subway art by Jane Dickson.
I wanted to ride the longest escalator from New York so here we are.
Going on holiday also means trying out new food. I`ve never had lobster bun before until I`ve had one at Luke`s Lobster. A little `where-have-you-been-all-my-life-moment` after I took a bite from the delicious bun. The lobster was served cold in the bun which was very welcoming since it was a heatwave back then in NYC.
PIER 3
My cousins and I explored around Pier 3 Brooklyn Bridge Park. It`s a quiet green parkland with exploratory maze of picnic tables, mirrored games, and historic elements salvaged from the park like bollards, cleats, and excavated railroad tracks.
Unedited
Fulton
Shake Shack ♥♥♥♥♥ 3/5
Eating at Shake Shack was on my bucketlist and so here we are! We had crinkle cut fries, cola, a couple of burgers which I got myself the `Shroom Burger and the limited edition black sesame milkshake. The food came out a bit cold (a tad disappointing) but still yum. The real hero though was the black sesame milkshake. That was so SO GOOD.
Lost in the concrete jungle and in the World Trade Center Station
(PATH).
Springrolls for dinner.

Comments

  1. Yumm, I'm really craving Luke's Lobster now! I tried it in Japan but sadly lobster rolls aren't that common here in Australia. Love these pictures by the way Mei, looks like you had such a fun time in New York :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Lobsters rolls aren't here in Holland at all :c we do have lobster soups and such though.
      Thanks for stopping by Mani!! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls