Our real first holiday together: Luxembourg

📍Luxembourg 

One of the countries I've always wanted to visit is Luxembourg, and it finally happened last year! 
I've never been to Luxembourg before and it's a country that is also nearby to my country The Netherlands. It was so nearby that we decided to go there by car. It was roughly 3,5 hours of a ride and a pleasant ride too. Especially me being passenger-princess ahem. I do know how to drive aaaand I took my duty as a map reader very seriously. 

After we checked in at our hotel (next post: hotel room tour) we went exploring. 
And it was not hard to find beautiful sceneries and views in the capital city of Luxembourg. 

Chemin de la Corniche 
Also called “the most beautiful balcony in Europe”

And it's all free to enter too!

We can't ignore the many churches here in Luxembourg-city so we went to check out Notre Dame Cathedral. 

More good views. 

And this one here is also a very good handsome view. 

Admiring The Monument of Remembrance 'Gëlle Fra'. Which translates to the 'Golden Lady'. 

What shops, eateries, and all the buzz in the city center? 
A nice lane with fancy boutiques.

Street acts. 

Even a city beach! 

An interesting organic fruit shop. 

Dinner time 🍴
At restaurant Mamacita
It was getting dark and the shops were closing in the city center. We grabbed our Google Maps to see what kind of interesting food places that were also near public transport for convenience. That way we can easily go back to our hotel. 
We chose Mamacita. Because right outside there was a bus stop. 

Did you know that all public transport in the entire Luxembourg is free?! You can just hop on any bus, metro, tram, or train without being checked on. 

My boyfriend doesn't drink. But I do! I chose a nice glass of margarita to activate my appetite and to celebrate our first holiday together. And since we are going back by bus, I don't have to mind driving drunk either. 

Quesadillas and mixed fries of sweet potatoes and normal potatoes.
 
💞

Comments

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls