Museum Voorlinden with Jessy

The Voorlinden area
museum | restaurant | Dutch belt cows | hiking paths
But first lunch
Jessy ordered a brioche toast with eel. It was nice, but perhaps a bit scanty portion for that price (€9,25)?
We shared a portion of delicious goat cheese croquettes with fig dipping sauce. My lunch was a Dutch pancake. Which I thought it was a bit scanty too since this one-piece blank pancake cost €7,50.
Voorlinden Restaurant ⭐⭐⭐ (or should I give it a 2½ rating?)
Though the restaurant is really pretty.
Finally, the Museum!
And it`s such a treat to walk this Voorlinden area, from entrance to the restaurant to the museum itself.
Misty the Stray Cat - Ryan Gander
Ron Mueck Couple under an umbrella
Jessy admires Four Stories by Robin Rhode.
Incomplete
Massimo Bartolini DEW
Uhm, why is this art? Oh wait it`s contemporary art.
#whyisthisart
A mattress of ostrich eggs by artist Joncquil Une Centaine de rêves et cinq cauchemars.
This was a fun interactive piece of labyrinth art you can walk through. By Richard Serra.
For this colorful painting, Peter de Meyer has uses this amount of pots and glasses.
my favourite
Olafur Eliasson Retinal Flare Space
This piece got to be my favourite of all in the museum. It`s dynamic, colourful, mysterious, and dreamy. A beauty.
This is also a pretty piece. By Damein Hirst Hidden Secret Blossom.
Cornelia Parker - Endless Cream
by Leandro Erlich - Swimmingpool
Another fun art
Céleste Boursier-Mougenot piano billard table
These 23 chairs are part of Fairytale – 1001 Chairs by Ai Weiwei, consisting of 1001 chairs from the Qing dynasty.
Uhmm. These Colums by Christian Andersson are not what you think they are...
Museum Shop
See? It`s incomplete!
Time for a hike
forest > cows > dunes
Dutch Belt cows, stinking cute!
After the amazing museum tour, Jessy and I continued exploring the Voorlinden area. Our goal was to get to the dunes. That day I also wore my brand new pair of white Nike shoes. Whoopsie.
We found the dunes and we conquered! Though I had to hold Jessy`s hand because I didn`t want to fall and roll down the steep sandy hill...
Hi The Hague - Scheveningen.
Then it was time to go home. Eating kruidnoten while waiting for the bus.

Finished the day with good heaty Thai food from My Thai Son (sounds like Mike Tyson).
🎨❤

Comments

  1. I haven't been in a museum in so long and it's really interesting what different countries have on display. Im definitely going to make time to visit one abroad.

    https://bit.ly/3tpGG4p
    Steph G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph G! Yeah before this, I haven't been in a museum in a long time... I think we should all visit a museum more often :) xx

      Delete
  2. My friend has mini Dutch Belt cows - they're adorable. I really like the interactive exhibits that you got pictures of. It looks like y'all had a good museum adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dutch belt cows are so cuuuute <3 and I love interactive museums and exhibitions, this Voorlinden museum is great! It's been on my to-go list for some time and I'm glad I'm able to visit it c: Xx

      Delete
  3. That is one big pancake! I love brioche when only I make it into a French toast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a typical Dutch pancake :D and brioche is probably my favourite type of baked bread <3

      Delete
  4. Wow what a fun action packed day! This looks like a beautiful city, lunch looked yummy and what great exhibits they were all so interesting and of the box. Then ending the day with a hike, what could be better.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie, thanks for stopping by! We sure had a lovely day, packed with fun, activity and quality time <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls