My first Airbnb

 
EN

My first Airbnb happened two years ago (so sorry for the super delay!) in Oakland near San Francisco for our holiday. And after that, I haven't booked any Airbnb so far but who knows in the future!

 We booked at Michael's place for a whole week and it was quite an experience! In a good way of course.
Especially his co-host Chockamo - a big but friendly dog- is a total bonus!

 


NL

Mijn allereerst Airbnb was alweer 2 jaar geleden (excuus voor deze vertraging) in Oakland wat vlak bij San Francisco ligt. En daarna heb ik geen Airbnb geboekt meer, maar wie weet in de toekomst weer. 

We hadden een plek bij Micheal geboekt voor een hele week. En wat was dat een ervaring zeg! Op een positieve manier natuurlijk. Vooral zijn co-host -een grote, maar een lieve hond- is een absolute bonus! 
❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!


JFK Airport
After a week spending on the east coast NY with my family, it was time to explore the west coast: San Fran! We flew with Delta Airlines which was for me a pretty journey. For my cousin S. not so much because he paid for wi-fi but he didn`t get wi-fi. A bit first-world problem right there if you ask me. Though I still feel a bit sorry for S. Plus S. also has forgotten his earphones so he had to buy a bad quality earphones too which he was not so keen about either.
Our auntie S. made a packed lunch for on the road for us! I find this gesture so sweet because it`s been a while since someone made me a packed lunch.
Electic Oakland
So our place used to be a Dutch Boy Paint Factory and thanks to that the place has an urban style and construction to it. Yet our host Micheal used a lot of retro and vintage in his interior as well. I like this kind of mix! If you`re looking for an Ikea showroom model sort of house or a classy renaissance stay, then this place might be not your cup of tea. Micheal: “It is an awesome, comfortable, eclectic environment for your enjoyment. And so it is!
The hall
Dining area
The living room is probably my favourite.
Ladder to my bedroom
Co-host Chockamo!
Micheal was a wonderful honest host with a golden heart. Thanks to him I get to know San Francisco and Oakland a bit more. As a firsttime Airbnb user, this stay felt like a true adventure plus I felt really at home during my entire stay at Micheals. We were free to use the kitchen and we even cooked and had a meal together. If you want to know more about SF then Micheal is your guide and his home is your place.

More blogpost with our host Micheal coming soon!
Exploring Oakland
Lake Merrit

Pintoh
It was a short exploration through Oakland because soon it became dark and hungry. And by hungry it was us. So what should we eat? Me and S. saw fast food joints but we put that on hold. We didn`t come all the way from Holland to eat junk food at the west coast right?! We saw this small cute looking restaurant which happens to be a Thai restaurant. Our decision was made: on our first day here on the west coast, we eat Thai food at a place called Pintoh.
❤❤❤❤❤ 4.⁵/5
A glass Lycheetini and lavender mojito for us.
Rice noodles with beef for cousin and khao pad tom yum (Thai fried rice) for me and it was so good!! It tastes so flavoursome and comfy. Just what I needed after a long trip.

Comments

  1. I really enjoy staying at Airbnbs for the same reasons you mentioned! Glad you had a good first experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm also glad too c: It was a wonderful stay!

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls