A merry holiday

EN

What a year was 2020! I hope - even with the distress  -you have closed 2020 with a good one. Here's how I've spent my last days of 2020. Mainly it was food, friends and family, my favourite F's. 
NL

Wat een jaar was 2020. Ik hoop - ondanks de ellende - dat je 2020 goed hebt afgesloten. Hieronder kan je zien en lezen hoe ik mijn laatste dagen van december meemaakte. Er was veel eten, familie en vrienden.
❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!

22nd December
My holiday started with a dinner- and DIY party with my favourite colleagues from work. The plan was to do just DIY (with tea and cakes) together but this expanded to a dinner, diy, afternoon tea and game party! I don`t mind it because I love DIY and I think it combines perfectly with food and good company. Especially with the lockdown and restriction, this meet-up felt more than welcome and I`m grateful for it.
Anyways, we all get dressed up festivly we all made food and shared it. I was in charge of the dessert and pastry.

Gorgeous decorated table by N.

A slice of mango meringue pie with a gluten free crust.
Since I was in charge of the dessert, I`ve made a yule log, the semi-healthy mango meringue pie and small millionaires shortbread bars. I`m most proud of my first-time every made yule log.
T., S., N. and me!
Presenting the 2M-team!
I`ve brought homey fluffy socks because heels are killing me.
DIY time!
We all brought wooden planks and plateaus for a woodburn DIY. I`ve never done woodburning before but I was very excited for this DIY!

You`ve been poisoned, har! Burning wood with this special pen was pretty fun. It was a little bit difficult at the beginning with how much pressure you press the pen into the wood.

BTS
Here`s a little behind the scene peek of making the dessert.

I wanted to have a brown looking log originally but I ran out of dark chocolate. So. I`ve melted white chocolate and covered the cake with it pretending to be a log with a layer of snow.

23rd December
The next day I`ve received my birthday treat through the mail! The birthday treat - a pecan pie - arrived past overdue (my birthday was on the 18th) but it`s alright! The pie is delicious and the idea of ordering food and sending through mail is just brilliant. I`ve actually ordered many of these foodmails and sent them as my christmas cards to friends.
The Daily Pie Post
The Daily Pie Post - which has an English sound to it but it`s 100% a Dutch company - is one of my favourite letterbox food deliveries of Holland! The wrapping is so on point.
25th December
On Christmas day the first I`ve celebrated at home with my dad and brother. This year I ordered food instead of doing homecook. Under the guise of supporting restaurant owners, I ordered from restaurant Katoen. Ordering food makes it really relaxing than previous years, because all I had to do was heat up the food and put it nicely on a plate.
It was a delicious, well packed 4-course meal (€42,50).
Mission: heating up the food with absolute instruction.
On the left: some meat and on the right sea bass.
⮙ Pumpkin soup
Scallop tartare ⮛
Last but not least: dessert, my favourite course. It`s a chocolate tart with figs and hazelnut and it`s so GOOD!
Papa
All these plastic containers and waste makes me feel guilty a bit.
26th December
I`ve spend my second Christmas day with my cousin S. It was a chill one. I`ve made cheesecake with edible flowers on top, we watched movies (Wonder Woman 1984 and Soul), together, bought delicious food and ate hotpot with our favourite ingredients.
NY cheesecake with edible flowers on top.
I`ve purchased a special hotpot pan and I love it. Our table was filled with goodies!
31st December
Happy New Year! Wishing everybody a better and healthy 2021.
this year it was prohibited to buy and set off fireworks at NYE 2020 but there was still some sneaky folk that ignored the rules. And I don't mind honestly because I love to see fireworks.

Comments

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls