Peek Into my life 89
my photo dump from autumn to this year
end
❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
Another year another birthday so happy birthday to myself! This year I`ve baked my own 4-layer birthdaycake from scratch with matcha (my fav) and raspberry flavours. The sweet and slight sour raspberry gives a nice balance to the bitter matcha taste I think. And I think
colourwise they look great together too!
Expresszo
Outdoor lunching when it was still possible and fine at one of my favourite local café with my foodie bestie A.
Hanging around at some bookshop.

Cake and coffee terrace time.
Salty raw herring, now that`s some nice Dutch Summer tasting there.
A little team building through Hangout (covid-19 proof) with games like good `ol bingo. Sadly I didn`t won any rounds but I sure had fun though.
Homemades
Almond + pear cake, vegan matcha tart, (drunken) poached pear cake and snowskin mooncakes
(recipe: click here!)
boobies

I`ve made a nice Asian inspired lunch with kimchi-cheese toast, pretend onsen egg and smacked cucumbers and beetroot salad.
Beachday
Hold on a second, lemme grab my baby first...
Tinyhouse spotting
So there was an tinyhouse open day.
MOODBOARD
How my dream tinyhouse would be like!
I’d like an L-, or Z-, or T-shaped tinyhouse on foundation so not on wheels particular. With a nice height and a porch. I like rustic style of homes with plants, a touch of modern but not too much wood please. Below you will find some examples.
Tailored Tiny and Co | Shaye’s Tiny Homes | Living Big in A Tiny House
My inspiration:
1. The Daily Pie Post
My favourite (Dutch) letter box and postal gifts!
2. The Brownie Box
3. JJ Donuts
4. Taart in Pot
5. Bloompost
My Christmas cards to friends 2020
1. The Daily Pie Post | 2. The Brownie Box
1. The Daily Pie Post
• Cheapest price: €9,15
• Shipping: yes, €3,97
• Note/greeting card option: yes!
2. The Brownie Box
• Cheapest price: €12,95
• Shipping: yes, €3,95
• Note/greeting card option: yes!
3. JJ Donuts | 4. Taart in pot
3. JJ Donuts
• Cheapest price: €5,95
• Shipping: yes, €6,95
• Wenskaart optie: ja!
4. Taart in pot
• Cheapest price: €9,95
• Shipping: yes, €4,95
• Note/greeting card option: yes !(+€1,00 extra)
5. Bloompost
5. Bloompost
• Cheapest price: €5,95
• Shipping: yes, €2,95
• Note/greeting card option: yes! (+€1,95 extra)
A tale of chocolate pies. With a dash of seasalt.
Can you spot the difference?
Christmas Food!
My Christmas bonus.
Pre-Christmas baking with: cupcakes with matcha flavoured buttercream, those poached pear cake from before and orange custard pie.
Sinterklaas
Celebrating Dutch holiday `Sinterklaas`. I even crochet a Sinterklaas hat called `mijter`.
Hanging around in another bookstore.
My failed Japanese cheesecake.
De Gouden Bock ♥♥♥♥♥ 4.5/5
My last restaurant visit of this year.
A grilled giant prawn with a big dollop remoulade sauce. You see De Gouden Bock is a restaurant specialised in seafood and this glass fish shaped plate is just so cute!
We also ordered:
- 2 cocktails
- grilled squid with salad from the yard
- BBQ’d cauliflower
- mussles in Thai curry (my fav!)
- lemon meringue pie
- affogato dessert
- fresh mint tea and a cup cappuccino
#caketime
I`ve made this mini chocolate cake for a colleague.
Mocha chocolate cake.
My annual Dutch gingerbread cookies ‘speculaas’ making with almond filling.
Following a bubble tea making from scratch session with J. through IG live!
@ice__pandora
Phone pics 📸
dinner time w/ J. at De Meelfabriek. || lunch time with M.L. at Restaurant Hudson || making pancakes w/ A.
my Spotify sum up|| attempt making a starter dough || being glad for America
a poll about my opening my birthday parcel || my birthday present! || petting a cat
when the movies was open || lunchtime again with M.L. || my birthdaygal bestie S.
my work || my crochet project
always crafting and DIY’ing || in a test street for covid-19 (I was negative) || my cousin S. gave me these
Mango meringue pie. Delish!
Triple chocolate tart. A bit too heavy in my opinion.
At work
The last week before the big Christmas holiday was hectic at work. Firstly December is a busy time anyway with the annual preparation making it already stressful but then came the sudden announcement for a complete lockdown. We had to squeeze a week time of work into 1-2 days. It was hardworking but we managed it to make it work and we closed our last days at school with a wonderful Christmas lunch.
Meneer Nilsson
Work lunch by Meneer Nilsson. The savoury scone with creamcheese and pesto is my favourite piece.
click here!
Fairtrade coffee and whole bunch of me-time with crocheting for example. Free pattern and tutorial at this link:
Mapo tofu dish.
Stay safe! ❤












































































Happy belated birthday Mei :) The cake you made for yourself looks so good, along with the rest of the food in this post!! I love the pictures of the tiny houses by the way, I've always wanted to stay in one. Hope you've been staying safe and healthy lately!
ReplyDeleteHiii Mani, thank you! Yeah, I feel like my layered cakes are getting better and better each year ^__^ so thank you!! I want to stay in a tinyhouse as well just to soak in the feeling of living compact but also free c: stay healthy and safe!! Xx
DeleteAll of your cakes look wonderful - I hope you had a happy holiday season!
ReplyDeleteThank you dear Rooth!! I had a relaxed holiday ^__^ Xx
Delete