琉璃廠/Liulichang Antique Street

EN

Liulichang Street for all your ancient artifact China stuff shopping like calligraphy, fine China, paintings. 
I got myself a personalized stone stamp. Lulichang means 'coloured glaze factory', referring to Ming-era kilns that fired glazed tiles for Beijing's palaces, temples, and stately residences.

I love old history stuff and without a doubt, Liulichang Street is probably one of my fondest places I`ve visited during my one-week stay in China.  

NL

Liulichang Street is een straat vol met antieke en culturele Chinese koopwaren zoals kalligrafie, porselein en schilderijen. Ikzelf heb een gepersonaliseerd stenen stempel gehaald. Lulichang betekent 'gekleurde glazuurfabriek', verwijzend naar de ovens uit het Ming-tijdperk die geglazuurde tegels maakte voor de paleizen, tempels en statige woningen van Beijing.

Ik hou van oudheden en Liulichang Street was zonder twijfel een plezierige bezoek. Waarschijnlijk een van mijn favoriet tijdens mijn 1-weekverblijf  in China. 

❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!


Street dimsum somebody? Here my uncle checking out for breakfast. I don`t why we didn`t got any of it but we went to Starbucks instead.
Liulichang Cultural Street
If you`re a sucker for old ➣ retro ➣ vintage ➣ anchient Chinese merchandise like me then you should come and see Liulichang Street. Even if you`re not a shopper yourself the street alone is already a lovely attraction almost a museum itself to walk through. Most buildings are probably renovated but the medieval style has been remained. Love it!
❝I like big brushes and I cannot lie...

 

These are no noodle bowls but I believe it`s for inkt? But they can totally be noodle bowls if you want to.

Getting a 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 Chinese stone stamp
China and big part of eastern of Asia have been using these stone stamps for seals. Like sealing important letters, authorship or artworks and I thought it was nice to get myself a personal stone stamp with my name on it. Great for Christmas signing I think too.

Handcrafted by this talented artist here, thank you!
(my aunt made me took this picture...)
Pick your choice from a range of delicious looking stones.

More handmade crafts ahead
Snuff bottles. I had to Google what `snuff bottles` are and now I know! They were once used in China during the Qing Dynasty and people used to store tobacco in it. Smoking tabacco was forbidden but apparently sniffing it from a bottle was allowed.
More retro stuff.
Food time!
Strolling through Liulichang Street made us all hungry so we took a side street to find food. We found a few food stands selling street food like noodles, flat bread, Chinese scallion pancakes and of course my all time comfort favourite: steamed mantou!!
Jian bing also described as Chinese crêpes and often eaten during breakfast. It`s a cheap popular street food and very yum and filling. I had mine with egg and scallion.
Look how yummy this mantou looks like! So fluffy, pillowy and comforting.

Comments

  1. Jian bing is my mom's favourite - mmmm so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to know! I miss these comfy pancakes, it should be easy to make at home? Xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a fun place to explore :) It must've been so exciting to get a personalised stamp too, I had one made when I lived in Japan but it definitely doesn't look as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this street and area ^___^ I feel like getting Beijing a bit more than just the touristy hot spots. Yesss I love my stone stamp too! I am eager to use it for my Christmas signing haha. Xx

      Delete
  3. You're making me hungry with all this food!! Wow these pictures are beautiful!! I miss China :( I love Jian Bing!! used to get it for breakfast every morning!!

    Oreleona | BLISS de la Leona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I miss those jian bing pancakes as well sigh. Please take care dear ^___^

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls