270 year old Summer Palace of Beijing

EN

Summer is coming and what do you do to escape the summer heat. You go to your holiday home called 'The Summer Palace' with 2.9 square kilometers (1.1 sq mi) land of landscaped gardens, cute temples, and boat ride at Kunming lake must Emperor Qianglong and Empress Dowager Cixi thought in the 18th centuries.

This Summer Palace is only 15 kilometers away from the metropolis city Beijing and my family and I have decided to leisure like royalties at The Summer Palace.  

NL

Zomer komt eraan en wat doe je om de zomerhitte tegen te gaan? Je gaat naar je vakantiehuis toe genaamd 'Het Zomerpaleis' die op een 2,9 vierkante kilometer stuk land ligt met mooi aangelegde tuinen, schattige tempels en boottochten in de Kunming meer. Dit had Keizer Qianglong en Keizerin Dowager Cixi misschien hebben gedacht uit de 18e eeuw.     

't Zomerpaleis ligt 15 km van de megastad Beijing vandaan. Mijn familie en ik zijn hier dus wezen flaneren als royalties in 't Zomerpaleis. 



❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
Breadtalks first then drive
Breakfast at Breadtalk. Breadtalk is one of my favorite Asian bakery chains. They have lovely buns, bread and other baked goodies. Then we ordered an Uber and drove to the Imperial Garden of China: the Summer Palace/頤和園.
頤和園/Summer Palace
We have arrived at the Summer Palace! I`m always intrigued by the history of China especially from the past notorious emperors, empresses, consorts and concubines. The Summer Palace will be my history class and my Asian drama`s fantasizing. Since I`m also here in the Summer I`d like to find out how the royalties back then escape the summer heat. So far Summer in Beijing is so hot.
Thank goodness there were shadows from trees and rooftops that provided cooling down. This Long Corridor is one of my favorite attraction in this Summer Palace. It reminds me of a mini Chinese Wall.
Zz zzzz zzz
Zzzzzzzzz
Is that a cat painting?
One of the things I saw a lot in China was the excess usage of mobile phone by basically everyone. Buying stuff are paid with the smartphone through WeChat and QR-codes. I have WeChat installed on my phone but unfortunately I can`t scan and pay through QR-codes scanning yet.
Staircase to longevity
The view upstairs.
Empress Dowager Cixi (慈禧太后). She`s one scary powerful ruler of a
lady.
Is anybody home?
LUNCH
We had lunch at this Muslim restaurant with halal-friendly dishes but that doesn`t really apply to me since I don`t eat meat anyways. I had a lovely spicy hand pulled noodles and veggies. My cousin enjoyed some skewered kebabs.
A tea egg or 1000-year egg I forgot which one.
Marble Boat also known as the Boat of Purity and Ease and it`s boat carved out from a big block of stone. Yup it will sink.
Architect design
Some of my favourites around the Summer Palace.

👪
Endless. Many. People
I thought this was a clever cute way to keep track and stay in line in your massive (school)group.
And I`m also amongst the many endless people here in The Summer Palace. Summer Palace, you were a interesting visit. A less extravagant and more simplefied nature inspired interiour and scenery than the The Forbidden City. I was hoping to be cooled down slightly after the visit here but I am afraid not.

Comments

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls