Oishii Japan goodbye Japan

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
EN

My first time in Japan has been awhile, almost 2 years now to be exact but I can still remember the fond things of Japan like food. And more food. And food and Japanese serenity and kawaii designs and all the "Oohs and the awwwhs" of Japan.
Yes, those are very fond remembering. Down below I've summed up some leftover photo's of tasty Japanese food back in 2018. Not only I'll explain why I find Japanese food so tasty but why it also fascinates me. Like this can of dolphin meat I've found in a supermarket. 

NL

Mijn allereerste keer in Japan is alweer een tijd geleden. Bijna 2 jaar geleden om precies te zijn maar ik kan nog steeds de fijne dingen herinneren  zoals het eten. En vooral het eten. Eten gemixt met de sereniteit en kalmte van Japan en de 'kawaii' ontwerpen van Japan. Ja, dat zijn fijne herinneringen. 
Hieronder vind je de overgebleven kiekjes van lekkernijen uit Japan 2018 en waarom ik ze zo geweldig heerlijk vind, maar ook waarom het me gefascineerd heeft. Zoals een blikje dolfijnenvlees.  


❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
Curry/カレー
One of my favorite comfort food is curry. Serve me curry over plain white rice and I`m a happy gal I can assure you. In this world we have many flavours and styles of curry and Japanese curry is definitely on top of my list of favourite. It`s different than Indian curry or Thai curry as it is more sweeter and mildly or not hot at all. Here I had Japanese curry with fried shrimp, so GOOD.
There`s always room for French fries even in Japan.
Sapporo Biergarten

サッポロビール園

Yes, this bib was needed for the amazing fragrant food at Biergarten.
Hokkaido cheese tart gosh I miss you.
You like Yakult? This sweet fermented milk? And you like fruit? Then you`ll like this grape flavoured Yakult.
Delicious fishcakes from food stands.
To this very day I still have no single clue what this device do. If you know please let me know thanks!
Silky delicious tofu and `vegetarian ramen` turns out it`s not vegetarian as there were meat cubes in it.
Smoked eel rice is HEAVEN!
Canned dolphin anyone? Yuck not me.
Café/カフェ
I can`t be in Japan without having sushi and noodles but also: café food like coffee, tea, cakes and pastries! Japan is fairly famous for their art making cakes: too cute to eat it. Also their pastry making skill is very good as well. You either wash it down with a cup of hot beverage like coffee or tea. For some reason the coffee in Japan is bland. Like really bland. The only coffee that really woke me up in a shot was the one at Smooch Café.
Coffee/ コーヒー
These coffee making devices are looking pretty spectacular with the promising of strong coffee. But it turns out to be quite bland which I overall find it in Japan. Why Japan why?
On the day of departing Japan which means my final day of having Japanese food has come down to my airplane meal. I`ve requested a vegetarian meal and I got myself curry with rice (woo!), cold soba noodles, typical stale bread and last but not least ice cream. oishii!


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, this post is making me so hungry! Japanese curry also happens to be one of my favourites, but sadly I didn't eat it enough on my last trip.

    I totally agree with you, Japanese coffee isn't all that great. I guess I'm spoilt here in Australia, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the coffee was not great at all in Japan #spoiledtoo
      Xx

      Delete
  2. That Hokkaido cheese tart looks amazing! When I lived in Japan, I remember people lining up to buy cheese tarts in Tokyo but I never got in line myself and now I have major regrets!

    Mai
    ✰ maidoesthings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lived in Japan, how nice! Haha you know when there's a line at a foodplace it is usually good :P
      You should grab one next time! Xx

      Delete
  3. Oh how I miss japan! Suppose to go there for the fashion week but sadly the event is being cancelled :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, I'm sorry your trip got cancelled :( hopefully you can visit Japan soon enough!
      It's quite a chaos lately this 2020... sigh... So please take care of yourself! Xx

      Delete
  4. Oooh that Japanese curry looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

BIRDY & Griff concerts

DIY: Crochet banana