TIY: adding pockets to fake pockets (hand sewn)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
EN

A little TIY (Try It Yourself) post today about a pair of pants and pockets and therefor it's worth this time to put my TIY'd pants with bum full frontal for you guys to show how adding pockets to fake pockets are made! Hand sewn and no machinery involved.
NL

Een TIY (Probeer het zelf) post vandaag over een broek en zakken. Voor deze ene keer dus een volledig frontale foto van mijn billetjes in deze TIY'd broek om te laten zien hoe je echte zakken aan nep zakken kunt maken! Allemaal handgenaaid zonder machine. 

❝tap
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
1. the pants
This is my hexagon pattern pocketless pants from H&M. I believe I have these pants for 4-5 years if not longer and it`s still one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe. Normally I wouldn`t buy clothing in full price and normally I wait for the discount kicks in but not with these pants. I immediately bought it and wore it straight away with no regrets. Oh and it was only 10 bucks anyway ha but still. It was almost the perfect pants except it has no pockets. Grrrr! After 4-5 years if not longer I`ve decided to add pockets to them by hand sewing a pouch and attach it to that right fake butt pocket! Here`s how I`ve done it.
2. Cut
Now find the fake pocket and open the gap by carefully cutting the stitches. Make sure you don`t overcut it.
3. Seam
My fake pocket looked a bit messy when everything was cut open so I hand sewn the edges together to make it tidier and easy to work with when I attach the pocket. This was done with blanket-stitch.
4. Pocket
Time to assemble the pocket. I`ve used a linnen fabric which I think it might be too thick for some trousers. I think using a thin cotton fabric or polyester would be better. Anyways! Cut out a rectangle shape and fold it in half. Seam up the edges (except the top opening) with the blanket-stitch again. Turn the pocket inside out.
5. Attach
Now comes to the tricky part which is attaching the pocket to the opening. I kind of sew the opening of the pocket with the edges of the pants. Like the top of the pocket to the top of the opened up pants and the bottom side of the pocket to the bottom side of the openend up pants. #makesense
I`ve sewn 2 to 3 times to make sure it really really holds.
My hexagon pattern pants is no longer pocketless! And for that it`s worth to take a full-frontal butt picture ha.
♥ 

Comments

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls