DIY: how to levitate photography (with HELLO KITTY)

EN

My first 2015 DIY is now officially a fact and it’s about levitation in photography! I remember that some of you wanted to know how I've done the magical effect of levitate in this photo and I can finally share you some tricks of mine to you guys today.

First of all it’s not that hard at all, so that’s a relief. Secondly the required equipment are pretty decent as well such a camera, a tripod (or stack up a book tower) and a prop where you or the model can position on! And lastly a Photoshop or any editing program (GIMP which is free) that works with layers will do its job.

Levitate technique requires very basic editing skills where you usually work with 2 pictures or more to create the illusion. My levitation skills aren’t that pro (yet) and I’m still practising it whenever I’m in the mood. But today I’d love to give you my way of creating levitate photography. With a big help of my  Hello Kitty!      
 NL

Mijn eerste DIY van 2015 is nu officieel een feit en dit keer heeft het te maken met fotografie en een beetje techniek, namelijk de illusie van ‘zweef’ fotografie! Sommige van jullie waren benieuwd hoe ik deze foto heb gemaakt en dus heb ik in de post van vandaag wat trucs van mij eigen voor jullie voorbereid.

Allereerst is het niet zo moeilijk. Helemaal niet! Dus dat is een opluchting. Ten tweede de benodigde apparatuur zijn heel burgerlijk want je hebt nodig uiteraard een camera, een statief (of stapel een boeken toren) en een rekwisiet waar jij of het model erop kan positioneren! En ten slotte heb je Photoshop of een ander bewerkingsprogramma (GIMP die is gratis ) nodig dat werkt met lagen.

De zweef techniek vereist zeer basis vaardigheden waarbij vaak maximaal met 2 foto’s wordt gewerkt. Ikzelf zit nog in de fase van veel oefenen en uitproberen met dit zweef techniek, maar toch wil ik graag alvast de tips en mijn manier met jullie delen. Met assistentie van de enige echte Hello Kitty!

One of my favorite childhood toys: Hello Kitty portable play house! Bought in Hong Kong.



Done! 
________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________


Comments

  1. Oh haha! What a simple way to edit your photos to look like magic!! AND OMG! When I was younger I had a kit of toys of another japanese character EXACTLY like that one you have! I loved sticking the parts onto the box and setting up the house and fence and everything! Japanese brands make the best toys...totally would collect some if I had the budget and space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. such a great tutorial. i don't have patience to lay everything out especially when i do things by winging it. your diys and tutorials are always always so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out world! A magician is on her way!! Unfortunately I don't have a tripod, but I'd love to practice editing levitating photos some time. Thank you for the tutorial! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! I wish I could do this the same way, but I don't have a tripod or a camera lol, just my phone. But don't, worry, I will figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so very cool!! i never knew how this was done, and it's so great to see it in action :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amai, hier is volgens mij veel tijd in gekropen! Supergoed uitgewerkt! Ik weet al het een en ander af van werken met lagen en foto's bewerken, dus voor mij is het niet meer nodig, maar wat leg je het goed uit! Mooie start genomen in 2015! (p.s. die hover-foto's zijn té schattig!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tutorial! So awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is genius! I wouldn't have thought to do that, it's such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw this is looking so adorable !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome..I need to try it =D
    Thank you,
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha is it weird that I feel like you just taught me something at Hogwarts? :') (Thank you for sharing btw! I was really excited for this tutorial ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so awesome! The Hello Kitty set is adorable by the way! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. woahh! Tanks for the tutorial, will try it out soon ;]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great lesson thanks I've never given this a try but now I know how simple it is then maybe I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww the magic! :) Now I wonder, where were you lying on your levitating image? What did you have to erase? :) Great tutorial Mei!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls