DIY: with wooden beads (1/4)

EN

I once again teamed up with Pandahall - a wholesale craft supply online shop and this time they have send me a set of 20 hexagon shaped wooden beads. Why thank you so much!

They are actually not called hexagon and in correct geometry terms they are called: 'i
cosahedron'. I'm not sure how to pronounce it but other than that geometry/math is not my strongest. Anyway, continue with  the DIY! With these cute modern looking wooden beads I have came up with 4 DIYs in total.

Funny thing because I didn't know what to do with them and so I kept thinking and thinking. I can't do a simple necklace/bracelet DIY right? So all the thinking and thinking led me to 4 different DIY's with wooden beads! With number 1: a beaded handle.
   
NL

Opnieuw vormde ik en PandaHall - een online groothandel in knutselspul - een team. Dit keerde stuurde Pandahall me een setje van 20 zeshoekige houten kralen. Heel erg bedankt!

Eigenlijk zijn het niet echt zeshoeken en in de juiste geometrie term heten ze: 'icosaëder'. Ik heb geen flauw benul hoe je dat correct uitspreekt, maar daarnaast is geometrie/wiskunde ook niet mijn ding. Hoe dan ook, verder met de DIY! Met deze schattige modern ogende houten kralen, kwam ik in totaal met 4 DIY's.

Heel grappig want ik had eerst geen inspiratie dus ik bleef maar denken en denken en hopen op een coole DIY idee te komen. Ik kan natuurlijk niet met een doodsimpele ketting/armband DIY aankloppen, toch? Dus al het denken en denken leidde me uiteindelijk naar 4 verschillende DIY! Met als nummer 1: een kralen handvat.

Hover for Dutch translate ~
You need:
wooden beads // a glass pot // steel wire (0,7 - 1 mm) // a pair of nippers
Thanks Pandahall for the beads. They are lovely!
Ok, lets begin!
1. Wrap the steel wire tightly around the top closure of the pot until the steel wire crosses each other. Make sure the steel wire runs under the closure slits/rim for security otherwise it will fall.
2. Once the steel wire is crossing each other, hook them. Now we continue working with the longer end of the wire.
3. Depending how long you want your handle to be, start to measure the wire + leave extra for a tail end. Once measured cut it with nippers.
4. You may now start beading!
5. With the extra leftover tail, bend this a few a times around the wire line that we made in step 1 for security.
Fill me!
Next time:
Crochet time!

Comments

  1. I love the shape of these beads! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving these beads (and I love that you got mathematically correct with the naming, haha). Can't wait to see your crochet DIY with them! :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I have a couple mason jars just hanging around, this would be so nice to add to them!

    Gen | Raspberry Notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I learnt a new shape today. I would have thought they were hexagonal too but I guess that's for the 2 dimensional shape and a 3D one would be a different name. I love that you did a handle for a glass jar coz I wouldn't have been able to think of anything else other than necklace!

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beads are so cool! I bet there are so many projects you could do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a great diy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls