I start my 35°C Italiano days in Florence

EN

Ciao! My first post about my days in Italy has arrived and I’m happy to release it. My destinations were Florence and Rimini and I am very sorry that it took so long for me to post it but after I came back from Italy I went to Spain in the very next week which leaves again little room for me to blog a quality post.

Hopefully I sorta kept you guys warm with my IG!

So my first day in Italy was hot and the following days remained its dazzling 35°C till the day I left Italy, melted. We went to Florence first but my first night was at a small town called Reggio Emilia because my Italian road trip was spend with my friend F. who happens to live in Reggio Emilia. Reggio Emilia looked like a nice town and I was sad that I was only here for a short period of time (I did found a cute ice cream shop!) but Florence awaits and so does our rocky train that will bring us to Florence.

In Florence we booked a cute and comfy B&B (more of that soon) and as we arrived, we checked in, explored our room real quick, dropped our luggage and went exploring this ancient, artistic earthy-toned looking city on foot! With many sour legs and blisters on our foot.

Please check out my first batch of pictures of me in Florence! 
  
NL

Ciao! Eindelijk, mijn eerste blogpost over Italië en ik ben blij deze te delen met jullie. Mijn bestemmingen waren Florence en Rimini, en voel met schuldig voor het lang wachten van mijn blog plaatsing. Ik kwam namelijk net terug van Italië en de week daarop volgende mijn 2e vakantie in Spanje en hierdoor is er weinig tijd over om een kwalitatieve blog te schrijven.

Hopelijk heb ik jullie toch warm gehouden met IG!

Mijn eerste dag in Italië was heet en de volgende dagen bleef het steken op 35°C tot de dag dat ik Italië vertrok, gesmolten en wel. Onze eerste stop was Florence maar mijn eerste nacht was in een klein stadje genaamd Reggio Emilia, want ik deed mijn tripje door Italië samen mijn vriend F. die in Reggio Emilia woont. Reggio Emilia zag eruit als een leuk stadje en vond het jammer dat ik hier maar kort verbleef (heb wel een leuk ijs winkeltje ontdekt!), maar Florence wacht, net als deze oude trein die ons zal brengen naar Florence.

In Florence boekten we een leuke en comfortabele B&B. We kwamen aan, checkte in, deden een snelle kamer onderzoek, is tevreden en dropten onze bagage en gingen snel de stad verkennen te voet! Met als gevolg: blaren op onze voeten.

Bekijk hieronder alvast de eerste foto's van mij in Florence! 


My first night in Reggio Emilia


My first night in Italy was in small town called Reggio Emilia and stayed in the Mercure Astoria hotel.
They have nice breakfast and love this squary tiled lamp on the ceiling! 


I'll be honest, train schedules in Italy are not accurate at all. And not knowing Italian is a struggle too because their English isn't great either. Luckily my friend F. is Italian c:

Funny to see the German influence on a piece of sign inside the train. 


Firenze! We have arrived!


We went to see the star building of Firenze (Florence): the Duomo cathedral!

A huge queue standing outside the Duomo for the entrance as I later learned the entrance for the Duomo is free. 


Looks like the white bum bag was the winner of all!

 Hat stands everywhere. 


Lunch time at

OK Bar

We saw a lot of these fans + cooling water mist blowing around even at our terrace which is brilliant and this dude is enjoying to it fullest. 

We have ordered:
1 salmon egg spaghetti 
1 ragout spaghetti 
1 side salad
2 iced tea 



My salmon and egg spaghetti was delicious! Though the plating could be done better I think because it looked like it got dropped on a plate ungracefully. Our lunch also came with free bread but the bread were so dry and hard to eat that we didn't finish the basket. And the side salad could used a dressing but I guess that's why they put vinegar and olive oil on the table. Overall, not bad, a tad pricey (says my Italian friend) and good service OK bar


 Imagine my amazed face when I saw fries as topping on pizza base. 

Our daily mission was also buying (cooled) bottled water because trust me you don't want to be dehydrated in a 35°C area place. 

Comments

  1. De terrorwaterspuitende ventilators zijn heel herkenbaar haha! Prachtige foto's as always en we moeten snel weer een keer afspreken he :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Florence is so pretty, I wish I visited for longer when I did! I love these photos. 35C heat sounds brutal though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Mei. These pictures are gorgeous. The streets are so charming. And that hat stand! LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you think overall? I adore Florence and is one of my favourite cities that I have been to. Although I went in winger when it was 15°C. Can't imagine being in that kind of heat!

    Dignifiable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy Firenze looks gorgeous! I hope you're having a blast

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks nice :]
    Gosh, 35 degrees... Pff, good thing to stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool, great pics :)))

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice getaway! looking forward for another days in Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fries for a pizza topping?! No way! I've never seen that either :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like your trip was a lot of fun! I totally agree, I wouldn't ever want to be dehydrated!

    xo Denysia Yu
    THAT L.A. IT GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  11. 35C is pretty warm, I am use to warm weather here. Italy is a beautiful country, been to Florence once during my Europe trip. Their roof tops are all orangy red..very nice view from atop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The food looks so good! Especially the fry-topped pizza :O I tend to want to dress nicer when I'm traveling, but after a few trips, I've realized that I'd much rather wear comfortable walking shoes than fashionable shoes! Luckily sneakers/trainers are becoming a sort of trend right now :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls