Wool shop: Knit One

EN

Today, let me introduce you to a lovely one man wool shop: Knit One – based in UK Leicester.

Me and my friend W. went there quite early in the morning and I was afraid it was not open yet. But it was! So we opened the door and popped inside. We said hello to the owner of the shop who was relaxing in her chair knitting a piece (granny square?).

Anyways. I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

In the wool shop were brands that I have never heard of which is nice to get to know them in a new place like Knit One.

I was looking for cotton yarn in the color: dark red (to make red velvet cake obviously) and green. But I end up buying more than just these two colors. What colors? Well scroll down and check them out along the snaps of Knit One as well!   
NL

Laat me u vandaag kennismaken met de wolwinkel: Knit One – een eenmanszaak die gevestigd is in Engeland Leicester.

Ik en mijn vriend W. gingen er heel vroeg in de ochtend en ik was bang dat het nog niet open was. Maar Knit One was open dus stapten we naar binnen toe. We zeiden hallo tegen de eigenaar van de winkel, die destijds ontspannen in haar stoel zat te breien (granny square?).

Ik voelde me als een kind in een snoepwinkel.

In de winkel waren merken aanwezig die ik nog niet kende en dat is leuk om ze te ontdekken in een onbekende nieuwe plek zoals Knit One.

Maar goed! Ik was op zoek naar katoenen garen in de kleuren: donker rood (om red velvet cake te maken natuurlijk) en groen. Uiteindelijk liep ik de winkel uit met meer dan alleen deze twee kleuren. Welke kleuren dan? Nou scroll naar beneden toe en ontdek ze!

Pssst, Knit One delivers online as well! 
I do have to say that most yarn in the shop were a lot pricier than the one I buy at Holland. Dang the strong £'s.

Outside the shop were cute yarn works to be found as well like this one.
The gems: 
 Total Damage: £15,05 (around €20)

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh that place looks amazing! I know I could spend way too long in there. I don't think my city has any shops dedicated to just yarn. What a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everythig looks so cute !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute shop! I love the color choices you made for the yarn you bought -- especially the mint color :) We have some cute specialty yarn shops in my hometown too. The selection is great, but like you mentioned, it can be a little pricey at these places, so I can only purchase things from them a few times out of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a place that I would like to visit. Though I don't knit, I love looking at different colored things all of the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember the last time I've been to a craft shop like this! Next school year I want to get back into crafting and make little goodies for my friends for special occasions like holidays or birthdays, or even just as a random act of kindness. Anyways, loving the colors you picked out :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little store!

    uhhsandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute store! Looking forward to your future creations

    Dignifiable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute store! I am stuck buying my cheap yarn from Action and Wibra, haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute place! That's definitely your kind of candy shop - though I don't think you'd mind an actual candy shop, either!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah this store looks amazinggggg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love his type of little stores! Your haul looks promising, do you already have some creation in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! I can imagine that the store was like a candy land for you! I go crazy when I'm in a big beauty shop! Especially asian ones...everything looks like candy to me except they aren't that cheap! :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how lovely! I think I would've been a kid in a candy store as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls