Smell that wasabi and be under a sushi spell

EN

Last week my friend A. celebrated her birthday dinner with us and we ate sushi! The sushi in my country (Holland) are quite standard and pretty much the same, but this restaurant where we ate had banana’s in their menu.

I’m almost sure that Japan doesn’t do banana in sushi. But nonetheless! I’ve ordered it anyway and shove this banana sushi down in my throat, where everyone was wondering about the taste of it in my previous post!

Sushi rice with banana, savoury meets sweet. It reminded me the sushi with egg (tamago), which the egg is sweetened as well. It was pretty ok! I think I will re-order this banana nigiri in the future c:

NL

Vorige week hebben we de verjaardag van vriendin A. gevierd en we hebben lekker sushi gegeten! De sushi is inmiddels al ingeburgerd in ons kikkerlandje en de menukaart is vrij standaard geworden, maar dit restaurant waar we aten hadden bananen in hun menu!

Ik weet zeker dat de echte Japan geen plakjes banaan op hun 'nigiri' doen maar ach, je kent me, ik ben een waaghals wanneer het op onbekend eten aankomt. Een paar van jullie waren nieuwsgierig hierover toen ik dit in mijn vorige post heb geplaatst. De bananen sushi belandde tevreden in mijn maag hoor!   

Het deed me denken aan de sushi met omelet (tamago), waarbij het ei gezoet is. De bananen sushi ga ik denk in de toekomst weer bestellen c:

This here is a great popcorn &chips replacer while watching movies. 

Not too shabby c: I actually had sushi with strawberry before in New York. 

 The birthday girl and her healthy lifestyle gifts! 

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I absolutely love sushi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geil, ich liebe Sushi, das sieht super lecker aus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banana sushi looks interesting! I can't say that we have that in the USA, but it looks different! :)

    xxDenysia Yu
    http://thatlaitgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love sushi and love the pictures, damnnn <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sushiiii ahhh! Zo jaloers :P Maar die bananen-sushi zou ik zelf denk ik niet lekker vinden haha. Die edamame beans trouwens wel, mmm zo zout! Volgende keer in de toko ga ik die eens zoeken ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Banana nigiri! Wow, that is a first :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. all that sushi is looking so yummyyyy, i love love love sushi!!! banana sushi…WHAT WHAT? i want it!



    mizzsandychau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love sushi and need some right now

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love edamame beans and yes I would so have them as a healthy snack but I can't ever seem to find them in supermarkets! Sushi pics look mouthwatering as expected but I'm still not convinced on the banana one haha. Although we have sushi rice AND bananas in the kitchen so may experiment tomorrow...

    Jade | The Jade Aesthetic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sushi is my very favourite dish but I have never heard of banana sushi. Looks different. Thanks so much for your visit and comment
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that sounds like a fun time with friends! And bananas? That does sound so different, yummy, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of that sushi looks so good! I haven't had sushi in a while. Banana sushi, though? I've never tried it but I have to if I ever see it on a menu ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. om nom nom! so much sushi in that picture! god i just want to gobble that pic up oops the sushi up! :D
    and wow! you are so lucky you have the footy frenzy in your country! and hahaha! i guess there is that silver lining to weddings, the best excuse for dresses and shoes! XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love sushi... duurrr, haha. So, naturally, I start craving sushi when I see yummy looking pictures :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Het ziet er zo lekker uit, ik ben echt geen sushi fan maar als ik deze foto's zie omg hihi C:
    Liefs, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG.... I want... it all.. looks so good right now!!!

    x [rp]
    www.therubyelement.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice :] Heb jij ook een lekker lang weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Japanese food, I can eat sushi all day every day. Your pictures are so vibrant, definitely makes me hungry right now D:

    www.itskristiee.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ik ben dol op sushi en banaan, maar banaan nigiri? Hmm, daar moet ik nog even over nadenken om dat te eten xD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo that looks great. And banana sushi?! Some people will mix anything together :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a biiiiig craving for Japanese food now!
    I've never seen or heard of banana sushi or strawberry sushi before :O
    Learn a new thing everyday hehee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Banana Nigiri? Whoa. Look so interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have never heard of banana sushi before! how interesting! and i love love edemame too. such a great snack!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love sushi, but banana sushi? hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Never heard of banana sushi before! There is a restaurant in Barcelona that mixes Brazilian tastes with Japanese sushi so maybe they also have it there. We are completely obsessed with edamames, love that you compared it to pop-corn, a very similar addiction! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls